Terms & Conditions
Website Terms and Conditions
Welcome to The Digital Banker.
These terms and conditions (“Terms”) shall apply to use of this website and all the information provided at https://digitalbankeronline.com/ (“Website”) by the end-user (“User”). The User agrees to be bound by these Terms each time the website is accessed. If the User does not accept these Terms, the Website must not be used.
In these Terms, “we”, “our”, and “us” means the Company, “you” and “your” means any natural or legal person who uses the Website and each entity on whose behalf they act.
- 1. Use of the Website
- 1.1. The Company does not charge you for access to the Website, however you may incur charges from your internet service provider when accessing the Website. You shall be liable for all charges that your internet service provider charges you for providing you with their service.
- 1.2. You acknowledge that transmissions via the Website may present some risks inherent to any internet communications and that you accept such risks by communicating with us over the internet.
- 1.3. Certain sections and pages of the Website, including some files available for download, require you to register or login using your username and password. If registration or payment is requested, you agree to provide complete and accurate information. Each registration is for a single individual unless described otherwise on the registration page. It is your responsibility to ensure that nobody, except you, uses your name/username and password to enter the sections of the Website which require them.
1.4. You must only use the Website in accordance with these Terms and all applicable laws, regulations and codes of conduct (including self-regulatory) applicable to the use of the Internet and you agree to be solely responsible for all consequences arising from your use of the Website. Subject to these Terms, you are only permitted to print and download extracts from this Website for your own use on the following basis
a. documents, tables and/or graphics that are downloaded are not modified in any way from their original format without prior written permission from the author or the content team at the Company;
b. no graphics on this Website are used separately from accompanying text; and The content available on the Website is made available for your own personal, non-commercial use only.
- 1.6. Any material transmitted or posted to the Website shall be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we shall have no obligations to you or anyone else in respect of such material.
- 2. Website Misuse
- 2.1. You may not misuse the Website in any manner (including, without limitation, as follows). You must not reproduce our name, trademarks, Website appearance, and domain name (as applicable) and/or reproduce part or all of our proprietary information to send content online, via email or any digital communication.
- 2.2. You shall not present yourself as a representative of us or mislead the public by presenting yourself as connected to us in any manner or use the Website in any way to send unsolicited (commercial or otherwise) e-mail (spamming) or any material for marketing or publicity purposes.
2.3. We will take action against any communication made by you to impersonate us, our Website and any associated websites, servers, domains, IP addresses or social media presence. We expressly forbid the use of the Website or information to post or transmit any material:
a. that is unlawful or would infringe the rights of any person (for example, material that is threatening, abusive or offensive, obscene or pornographic, defamatory, seditious or inflammatory, in breach of confidence, in breach of rights of privacy), or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to any person;
b. for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals;
c. which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law or infringe any third party’s rights, in any jurisdiction; or
d. which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted data or other malicious or harmful software, data or components).
- 2.4. We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of these Terms.
2.5. You warrant and undertake that you will not:
a. use the Website except in accordance with these Terms;
b. sub-license, assign or subcontract any part of your rights or obligations under the Terms;
c. use or permit the use of the Website for any illegal purpose including but not limited to damages, interference with, or disrupted access to, the Website or do anything that may interrupt or impair its functionality;
d. make or derive any commercial use or benefit from any part of the Website;
e. use the Website in such a manner as would bring us, our organisation and/or business into disrepute; or
f. obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access, through whatever means, to the paid for area of the Website.
- 3. Changes to Website
- 3.1. We reserve the right to make changes or corrections, alter, suspend, discontinue or terminate any aspect of the Website, and your access to it, at any time immediately without notice.
- 3.2. We shall not be liable if this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period of time.
- 4. Indemnity
- 4.1. Except as expressly provided for below, by accessing the Website, you agree to indemnify and hold us, and all of our officers, employees and agents harmless from any actions, claims, losses, liability, proceedings, damages, costs, expenses, loss of business, loss of profits, business interruption and other pecuniary or consequential loss (including legal costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by us in respect of any claim brought by any third party arising in respect of these Terms and/or the Website and/or the information provided to you and/or your use or misuse of the Website.
- 5. Content
- 5.1. Under these Terms we grant you a licence to use the information on the Website in order to view it for your own personal, non-commercial use only.
- 5.2. “Intellectual Property Rights” means all present and future intellectual property rights world-wide however arising and in whatever media, whether or not registered, including without limitation, patents, trademarks, design rights, copyright, database rights, service marks, trade names and rights in know-how and confidential information. All rights, title and interest to the Intellectual Property Rights which subsist or may subsist in the information and/or the Website vests in us (or third-party licensors) and you agree not to modify, reproduce, republish, upload, post, distribute or otherwise transmit or use the Intellectual Property Rights provided by us to you in any way without our prior written consent.
- 5.3. You are not permitted to use any registered trademarks owned by us without our prior written consent.
- 5.4. You are not permitted to use any service marks and/or other trade names or any logos, page headers, custom graphics or button icons used by us on the Website without our prior written consent.
- 5.5. Any trademarks on the Website not owned by us will be owned by third party licensors and should not be used without their permission.
- 5.6. On downloading any content from the Website, you understand and agree that any sharing, distribution or republishing of the content, without prior written authorisation from the author or our content managers, shall be constituted as a breach of your membership privileges and in breach of these Terms.
- 5.7. We follow best practice in IT security and uses encryption tools to keep data transmissions over the Website secure. However, you acknowledge that transmissions via the Website present some risks inherent to any Internet communications and that you accept such risks by communicating over the Internet.
- 5.9. We have the right to monitor all Content and may edit, reject or remove Content if we believe it does not comply with the above and, in particular, we reserve the right to block incoming e-mails and other Content if we believe that their content is or may be inappropriate or otherwise does not comply with the above.
- 5.11. You have sole responsibility for the Content which you submit to us and you shall indemnify and shall keep us fully and effectively indemnified on demand from and against all actions, claims, losses, liability, proceedings, damages, costs, expenses, loss of business, loss of profits, business interruption and other pecuniary or consequential loss (including legal costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by us and arising directly or indirectly out of the publication of Content submitted by you to us.
- 6. Changes to these Terms
- 6.1. We reserve the right to amend these Terms, in whole or in part, at any time and you will be notified of the same by our posting of such Terms on the Website. Your continued use of the Website after any changes have been posted on the Website will be considered acceptance by you of any changes. Unless explicitly stated to the contrary any new features including new content, our provision of new services, or resources shall be subject to these Terms. You should therefore refer to these Terms on a regular basis to ensure the Terms that apply at that time are understood.
- 7. Changes to these Terms
- 7.1. You acknowledge and accept that the Website involves transmissions over the Internet and that such transmissions are therefore subject to the Internet’s inherent risks.
7.2. You acknowledge and accept that, as with any network, you may be exposed to:
a. unauthorised invasions of privacy during, or as a result of, using the Website;
b. system-threatening viruses and other unauthorised and invasive programs transmitted by third parties;
c. unauthorised dissemination and publication to others of information and material originally sent only to selected recipients on or through the Website;
d. eavesdropping and electronic trespassing;
e. fraud and forgery; and
f. the failure of information and data to reach their intended destinations and/or erroneous receipt or misdirection of such information.
- 7.3. Although our privacy and security features are designed to reduce these risks, we cannot guarantee their elimination. It is your responsibility to ensure that your systems comply with best industry practice. You also acknowledge that no transmission via the Website shall be deemed confidential and that we shall not be liable for any breach of confidence arising as a result of such event.
- 8. Reliance
8.1. As the Website is provided by means of website and telecommunication systems (including local loop network providers and other connectivity arrangements over which we have no control) you acknowledge and agree that:
a. We will try to make the Website available but cannot guarantee that the Website will operate continuously or be error free (there may be, without limitation, errors in software used to provide the Website and the Information and errors caused by telecommunications links) and we shall be under no liability for the consequences arising from any such error or the reliance by you upon the Website.
b. Time shall not be of the essence in relation to our delivery and/or provision of the Website including without limitation provision of the Information and/or Publications.
c. Information, publications, figures, rates, approvals, accreditations and recommendations made available on the Website are not intended to amount to advice on which any reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability for any reliance you place on such Information, Publications, figures, rates, approvals, accreditations and recommendations.
d. You should independently verify all Information, figures and rates provided on the Website prior to your use of such Information, figures and rates. We may change, update or correct any such Information, figures or rates at any time without notice. Please note that the Website may contain typographical errors and other inaccuracies.
- 9. Third Party Websites
- 9.1. We may provide hyperlinks to goods and services on third party websites. However, each third party is responsible for setting and explaining their individual terms and conditions of shipping, return, security, data protection and other policies and terms applicable to their sale of goods and/or services.
- 9.2. We do not endorse, guarantee or warrant any product or service sold by a third party, nor do we have any liability or responsibility for the fitness for purpose or quality or delivery of any product or service sold to you by third parties or otherwise. The purchase or receipt by you of any product or service from a third party is a transaction solely between you and that third party.
- 10. Advertising and Sponsorship
- 10.1. The inclusion of any advertising or any sponsorship material on the Website does not constitute an endorsement of the relevant advertiser or sponsor or their goods or services.
- 10.2. Any correspondence or dealings you have with advertisers or sponsors are solely between you and the relevant advertiser or sponsor. We shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind suffered or incurred by you as a result of any correspondence or dealing you have with any advertiser or sponsor.
- 11. Limitations of Liability
- 11.1. Save for where mentioned otherwise in these Terms, we exclude all other express or implied terms, conditions, warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever in regard to the Website or any Information provided through the Website.
- 11.2. Whilst we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that all content, materials and Information published on the Website are accurate, all content, materials and Information on the Website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. As such, you assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the content, materials and Information. We cannot, and do not, accept any responsibility or liability for any inaccurate information published to the Website.
- 11.3. We accept no liability for any indirect or consequential loss or damage, or for any loss of data, profit, revenue or business (whether direct or indirect) in each case, however caused, even if foreseeable. In circumstances where you suffer loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the viewing, use or performance of the Website we accept no liability for this loss or damage (except where we have been negligent) whether due to inaccuracy, error, omission or any other cause and whether on our part or our servants, agents or any other person or entity.
- 11.4. If we are liable to you for any reason (other than death or personal injury arising from our negligence), our liability will be limited to SG$100. Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms, we do not attempt to exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or for our fraudulent representation in any way.
- 11.5. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the Website and is compatible with the Website. You also understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that any material available for downloading from the Website will be free from infection, viruses and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for taking sufficient precautions and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- 11.6. The limitations and exclusions set out in this section do not affect your non-excludable statutory rights and only apply to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- 11.7. The Website is controlled and operated by us from our offices in England. We make no representations that the Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who visit the Website from other locations do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. If use of this Website and/or viewing of it or use of any material or content on the Website, is contrary to or infringes any applicable law in your jurisdiction(s), you are not authorised to view or use the Website and you must exit immediately.
- 12. General
- 12.1. No rights are conferred on any person who is not a party to these Terms.
- 12.2. Each provision contained in these Terms shall be severable from any other provision, and if any part of any provision shall be found to be invalid, illegal or void for any reason, then such finding shall not affect any other part of such provision or any other provision contained in the Terms which shall continue to have full force and effect.
- 12.3. Any failure or delay by us enforcing an obligation or exercising a right, under these Terms, does not amount to a waiver of that obligation or right, or any other obligation or right.
- 12.4. You acknowledge that you have not entered into these Terms in reliance on any statement or representation, except in so far as the representation has been incorporated into these Terms. You irrevocably and unconditionally waive any right you may have to claim damages and/or to rescind these Terms by reason of any misrepresentation (other than a fraudulent misrepresentation) not contained in these Terms.
- 12.5. You shall not assign any of your rights or obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent. We shall have the right to assign or otherwise delegate all or any of our rights or obligations under these Terms.
- 12.6. All notices shall be given: to the Company at [email protected] or by post at the address given above; or to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide.
- 12.7. Notice will be deemed received when an e-mail is received in full (or else on the next business day if it is received on a weekend or a public holiday in the place of receipt) or three (3) days after the date of posting.
- 12.8. If you are unhappy with any aspect of these Terms or this Website, please contact [email protected]
- 12.9. These Terms shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Singapore.